Wednesday, May 28, 2008


Took the "Heart" rims off of the Turista today so I could measure the center hole diameter. I need to find some center caps for these rims to make them look better. I also need to find some chrome lug nuts. I talked with a fellow (Mike) at the local Sonic Burger last night, and he says he can get me both if I get him the diameter of the holes abd the size of the studs. Since the front rims have a Ford lug pattern and the rears have a Chevy lug pattern (got them from eBay so didn't have a choice) the holes are a different size (by 1/16th of an inch). Anyway, got the numbers and will call Mike tomorrow and get the caps and lug nuts ordered. Since the new tires that I installed on the front rims are a little bit larger than the ones on the mags that I took off (about an inch) they are rubbing on the front fenders. I need to raise the front suspension. Will see if I can get to that before I leave.


I also need to get Larry's Red Buggy wired. I went over today to start work on it, but Larry is sick and couldn't come out to play. I'll start tomorrow instead, and will have pictures.

No comments: